Hernia is a condition which occurs due to the bulging of the inner layers of the abdominal muscles. Once the inner lining of the abdomen gets pushed, it results in the weakening of the abdominal wall thus forming a small balloon like sac. As a result of this the abdominal tissue or intestinal loop gets pushed to the sac. Discomfort, severe pain or other serious problems are the after effects of Hernia.
Both men and women are the real victims of hernia. Sometimes hernia can be developed in our body by birth. Hernia requires long term treatments and it cannot be easily cured. Hernia Surgery helps to minimize the complications of this disease through early diagnosis
What are the symptoms of Hernia ?
- Swelling beneath the skin of the abdomen or the groin
- Heavy bleeding in the abdominal area
- Feeling discomfort in the abdomen
Is Hernia Harmful?
Most of the time hernia cannot be a life threatening disease. But the chronic conditions can only be avoided through Hernia surgery.
Types Of Hernia
Inguinal Hernia : Common type of hernia affects both men women irrespective of age. Hernia occurs at the weak spot of the abdominal wall, often in the Inguinal canal.
- Hiatal Hernia : Occurs at the part of the stomach and that extend beyond the diaphragm into your chest. It may be sometimes gets through birth.
- Umbilical Hernia : Effects in small children and sometimes affects babies of 6 month. This happens when their intestines bulge through their abdominal wall near their belly button.
Treatment Options for a Hernia
Different treatments methods are available to treat the chronic hernia problems
- Open Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
Dr. Premkumar is one of highly skilled Bariatric surgeon in Chennai who provides treatments for hernia depends on the size and the severity of your symptoms. Get back to your life though hernia repair by contacting our qualified surgeon immediately!!
For more details and online consultation Visit : herniamanagementindia.com